The College of Theology and Social Sciences is a fully accredited non-profit Christian college
in the Pentecostal tradition that:
Train Students to prepare them to work in the Church and beyond
Strengthen the Christian identity of Students
Prepare Students to influence the world in Christian principles
CTSS implements the MISSION with balance in three areas of educational impact:
3. Spiritual Formation
To be a disciple of Jesus Christ
Each of these three spheres is in tune with scientific and technological development, cultural change and the globalisation process.
5 PERIODS OF OUR HISTORY
1. Bible School in Gdańsk
The College of Theology and Social Sciences in Warsaw has a distinguished heritage spanning almost nine decades. The College continues the teaching tradition of the Biblical Institute founded in Gdańsk in 1933. For the post-war generation, the school has become a model of how to take care of the biblical and theological preparation of workers in the service of God, the Church and the world.
Students of the Bible School, 1935
2. The Second World War and the persecution
The Second World War interrupted the Institute’s activities. In 1948 it was reborn as the Bible School in Warsaw.
In the years 1949-1968, the persecution came from behind the eastern border. The Bible School was forced to close its official activity and organized only secret courses lasting several days.
3. The Bible School in Warsaw
In 1968, the Bible School was officially reopened.
From 1976 onwards, the school was recruited every two years. At that time, not only biblical subjects but also theological subjects (Theology of OT and NT, Dogmatics) and pastoral care, Homiletics, Catechism, History of the Church.
The opening ceremony of the Central Chapel,
Students of the Bible School during classes in the 1973/74 academic year
Students of the Bible School in front of the church house, 1973
4. Warsaw Theological Seminary
In 1986 it was transformed into the Warsaw Theological Seminary. With the collapse of the political system of the People's Republic of Poland, individual United Evangelical Church confessions decided to become independent. As a result, in 1987 the unification and establishment of four new churches, including the Pentecostal Church, was dissolved. The Theological Seminary in Warsaw passed under the administration of the same Church.
5. Undergraduate Studies
In 1997 it became a fully accredited bachelor’s degree school. In 2012 the Seminary changed its name to the College of Theology and Social Sciences. Further development of the college is connected with organizing new forms of education. In addition to the two existing full-time programes (bachelor's and graduate), in 2000 a mode of extramural studies was introduced, also based on various programes.
Graduates of the Warsaw Theological Seminary, 1997
Graduates of the College of Theology and Social Sciences, 2020
Do you have any questions? We will happy to answer you. Write to us.